Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Mar 2, 2020
Reviewed on Feb 10, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 22, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2020
Visiting Bara Bazar
Visitors can enjoy all that Bara Bazar has to offer including its monuments. Around the area, top sights include Victoria Memorial, Eden Gardens, and Salt Lake Stadium.
- There are 478 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kolkata (CCU-Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Intl.), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bara Bazar
A favorite place to visit in the city is Nakhoda Masjid. In the area, you'll also find Victoria Memorial and Eden Gardens.
As you start planning your visit to Bara Bazar, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 474 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- JW Marriott Hotel Kolkata is located within 3.6 mi (5.9 km) of the city center. This 5-star hotel in Kolkata features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata is 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city's heart. This 5-star hotel in Kolkata features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
- The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Kolkata can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Salt Lake Stadium, 3.6 mi/5.7 km from the heart of the city, and Dakshineswar Kali Temple, which is 5.1 mi/8.2 km away.
Dressing for Bara Bazar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 97°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 55°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bara Bazar is 92.05 inches
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 57°F