Get an overview of this hotelIsland adventure getaway on the coast
Recreation and adventure seekers
Located on the west coast beach, a mile from Holetown and 8 miles from the Barbados Wildlife Reserve, the Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel is a favorite of celebrities, royalty, and romantics.
Set on 11 acres with soaring palm trees and dense gardens dating from the 1940s, guests of this Barbados hotel find room for private relaxation in an open-air ambience, on a long beach, and by an outdoor pool.
The 72 air-conditioned guestrooms at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion hotel feature large oceanfront balconies or ground-floor terraces fronted by loosely woven drapes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Fairmont Royal Pavilion
The property boasts a spacious lobby, styled in pink-and-oyster tones, with thickly cushioned mahogany furniture, while retaining the open-air atmosphere and views of sea and sunset that guests prize. Among the hotel's treasured legacies from the 1940s is an entrance corridor framed by 100-foot Royal Palms leading to a lily-pond fountain in an open courtyard just off the reception area.
Guests enjoy 2 restaurants, a lounge, and a daily breakfast buffet (surcharge). The hotel features an outdoor pool, a fitness facility, and 2 outdoor tennis courts. Complimentary wireless and wired Internet access is available throughout the property. A shopping section contains clothing boutiques, a jewelry shop, and a gift shop. Guests can enjoy an afternoon tea served daily at Taboras, as well as non-motorized water sports and swimming with turtles. This Barbados hotel calls outside specialists for in-room massages, facials, and other spa services. An airport shuttle, as well as babysitting/childcare, are provided for a surcharge. Two meeting rooms include audio-visual equipment and laundry facilities are also on site.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Spa tub
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 3
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Tennis on site
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Total number of rooms - 72
- Free valet parking
- Free self parking
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas
- Pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Year Built 1987
- Outdoor tennis courts - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Free self parking, Free valet parking
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Premium bedding
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Access via exterior corridors
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Ceiling fan
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Pillow menu
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Palm Terrace - Ocean-view restaurant serving Caribbean cuisine and drinks.
Cafe Taboras - Poolside bistro serving Caribbean cuisine with ocean views.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel features a private white sand beach with available kayaks and paddle boats, an outdoor pool with sun loungers, beach towels, and umbrellas. A spa tub, 24-hour fitness facility, and 2 outdoor tennis courts are also available on site. Guest can enjoy seasonal activity programs during certain times of the year.
Complimentary shuttle service is provided to the Royal Westmoreland Golf Club, less than a mile away. 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) away, Sandy Lane resort offers 3 golf courses and a 450-yard driving range.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Kayaking on site
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing on site
- Sailing on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Water skiing on site
- Windsurfing on site
Guests can relax and rejuvenate by taking advantage of the hotel's full range of spa services including massage, body scrubs, facials, and alternative holistic therapies. Appointments can be made through the concierge.
- Facial treatments
- Manicures and pedicures
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 9 and younger are not allowed at this property from November to March. The rest of the year they are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: USD 37 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 150 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per day
- Fairmont Pavilion
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Holetown
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Holetown
- Royal Fairmont Pavilion
- Royal Pavilion Fairmont
- The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 48 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 9 years old and younger are not permitted from November to March. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion is listed in the 2015 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List.