Visitors can enjoy all that Barceloneta has to offer including the parks and shopping. Top sights around the area include Arecibo Observatory and Rio Camuy Cave Park.
- There are 83 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Ponce (PSE-Mercedita), 30.1 mi (48.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Juan (SJU-Luis Munoz Marin Intl.), 36.3 mi (58.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Barceloneta
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Puerto Rico Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Cano Tiburones Nature Reserve to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Barceloneta, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 24 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort is located 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the heart of Barceloneta. This 3.5-star resort in Dorado features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Hyatt Place Manati is 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from central Barceloneta. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Manati can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Aquarius Vacation Club at Dorado del Mar is 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the center of Barceloneta. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Dorado can enjoy access to a private beach and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Arecibo Observatory, located 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Rio Camuy Cave Park, which is 18.3 mi (29.4 km) away.
Dressing for Barceloneta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- About 52.48 inches of rain falls on Barceloneta each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 71°F