Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLegendary hotel & spa facing the Atlantic Ocean
Popular property highlights
Basque pearl with Belle Epoque charm
The pearl of the Basque Coast, Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa was built in 1909, facing the sea; it has kept its Belle Epoque charm. Walking distance from the city center and beach promenade.
Oceanfront dining, full-service spa
Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa has an oceanfront, Michelin-star restaurant for guests to discover savory, inventive French cuisine inspired by the sea. Complimentary access to the Loreamar spa from 8 AM - 8 PM: indoor heated seawater pool with hydro-massage, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, shower, fitness room. Children under 16 years allowed from 1 PM-2:30 PM and from 6 PM-8 PM.
Newly renovated guestrooms
Completely renovated and refurbished guestrooms with a sitting area and armchairs. Rooms are equipped with flat-screen TVs, minibars, free WiFi, and have views of the city or the bay or the Atlantic Ocean.
Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa
Located on the Bay of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, which extends to the Atlantic Ocean, this newly refurbished hotel is in France's peaceful Basque Country. Shopping, the beach, boardwalk, and the train station are all nearby. The Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa features the Loreamar spa from 8 AM - 8 PM: indoor heated seawater pool with hydro-massage, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, shower, fitness room. Children under 16 years allowed from 1 PM-2:30 PM and from 6 PM-8 PM.
On-site dining options include the gourmet Ocean Restaurant, with its Michelin-star chef, and the relaxed Le Clipper Lounge Bar and Terrace. 24-hour room service is also available. The hotel also offers a meeting room, which can be used for conferences and banquets. Additionally, this hotel has a concierge desk, valet parking, laundry service and WiFi in public areas.
Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa is a smoke-free property. Pets are welcome (surcharge).
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1909
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Steam room
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Children's club (free)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Snack bar/deli
- Total number of rooms - 52
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 3
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Rainfall showerhead
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Number of bedrooms -
- Number of bathrooms -
- Pillow menu
- Separate bedroom
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
Where to Eat
L'Ocean - Michelin-star restaurant offering French cuisine based on regional recipes using fresh, seasonal produce; open daily for dinner. Outdoor dining available with ocean views. Reservations are required.
Badia - Bistro offering French cuisine and open daily for lunch. Beachfront with ocean views.
Le Clipper Lounge Bar & Terrace - Offers drinks and light fare in a traditional English-style bar setting. Open daily from midday to 11 PM. Outdoor dining available.
Room service is available 24-hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Complimentary access to the Loreamar spa from 8 AM - 8 PM: indoor heated seawater pool with hydro-massage, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, shower, fitness room. Children under 16 years allowed from 1 PM-2:30 PM and from 6 PM-8 PM.
- Mud bath in spa
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 20
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Thalassotherapy treatments
- Hot springs/mineral springs in spa
- Hydrotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at noon
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 15.0 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 25 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.50 per person, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 29.00 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 50 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 25.00 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 15.0 per night
- Grand Hotel Loreamar Thalasso
- Grand Hotel Loreamar Thalasso Spa
- Grand Hotel Loreamar Thalasso Spa Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Grand Loreamar Thalasso Spa
- Grand Loreamar Thalasso Spa Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Loreamar Hotel
- Loreamar Spa
- Loreamar Thalasso Spa
- Thalasso Spa Loreamar
- Grand Hôtel Thalasso Spa Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Grand Hôtel Thalasso Spa
- Grand Thalasso Spa Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Grand Thalasso Spa
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Pool access available from 8 AM to 8 PM.Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.