Get an overview of this hotelLegendary hotel & spa facing the Atlantic Ocean
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.See details
Basque pearl with Belle Epoque charm
The pearl of the Basque Coast, Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa was built in 1909, facing the sea; it has kept its Belle Epoque charm. Walking distance from the city center and beach promenade.
Oceanfront dining, full-service spa
Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa has an oceanfront, Michelin-star restaurant for guests to discover savory, inventive French cuisine inspired by the sea. The full-service spa includes 20 treatment rooms, sauna, beachfront fitness center, and a heated indoor pool.
Newly renovated guestrooms
Completely renovated and refurbished guestrooms with a separate sitting area with armchairs. Rooms are equipped with flat-screen TVs, minibars, free WiFi, and have views of the city, the bay, or the Atlantic Ocean.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa
Located on the Bay of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, which extends to the Atlantic Ocean, this newly refurbished hotel is in France's peaceful Basque Country. Shopping, the beach, boardwalk, and the train station are all nearby. The Grand Hôtel Thalasso full-service spa has 20 treatment rooms, heated sea-water pool, sauna, fitness center, and a relaxation corner with tea.
On-site dining options include the gourmet Ocean Restaurant, with its Michelin-star chef, and the relaxed Le Clipper Lounge Bar and Terrace. 24-hour room service is also available. The hotel also offers a meeting room, which can be used for conferences and banquets. Additionally, this hotel has a concierge desk, valet parking, laundry service and WiFi in public areas.
Grand Hôtel Thalasso et Spa is a smoke-free property. Pets are welcome (surcharge).
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Children's club (free)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 52
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 3
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Smoke-free property
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Children's club
- One meeting room
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Year Built 1909
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Snack bar/deli
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Rainfall showerhead
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Pillow menu
- Separate bedroom
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
Where to Eat
L'Ocean - Michelin-star restaurant offering French cuisine based on regional recipes using fresh, seasonal produce; open daily for dinner. Outdoor dining available with ocean views. Reservations are required.
Badia - Bistro offering French cuisine and open daily for lunch. Beachfront with ocean views.
Le Clipper Lounge Bar & Terrace - Offers drinks and light fare in a traditional English-style bar setting. Open daily from midday to 11 PM. Outdoor dining available.
Room service is available 24-hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Fitness classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Loreamar Thalasso Spa is in a one-level, 1000-square meter building which has direct access to the beach. In 20 private treatment rooms, the Spa's decor is ideal for dreaming and cocooning. The spa is also equipped with a sauna, spa tub, a fitness facility, and a heated seawater swimming pool. There is a rest corner where guests may enjoy herbal tea. Treatments include massage, hydrotherapy, and body wraps and scrubs. Nutrition consultation is also available.
- Number of treatment rooms 20
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Thalassotherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Mud bath in spa
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Hot springs/mineral springs in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at noon
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 15 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 25 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.50 per person, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 29.00 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 50 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 25.00 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 15 per night
- Grand Hotel Loreamar Thalasso
- Grand Hotel Loreamar Thalasso Spa
- Grand Hotel Loreamar Thalasso Spa Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Grand Loreamar Thalasso Spa
- Grand Loreamar Thalasso Spa Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Loreamar Hotel
- Loreamar Spa
- Loreamar Thalasso Spa
- Thalasso Spa Loreamar
- Grand Hôtel Thalasso Spa Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Grand Hôtel Thalasso Spa
- Grand Thalasso Spa Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Grand Thalasso Spa
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.