Visitors can enjoy all that Bayswater has to offer including the beaches and monuments. There are 81 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.), 37.8 mi (60.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Bayswater
A couple of favorite places to visit are Bayswater Beach Provincial Park and Swiss Air Flight 111 Memorial Bayswater. You'll also find Saint Margarets Bay and Indian Harbour Lighthouse in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Bayswater, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 31 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Rum Runner Inn is 15.1 mi (24.2 km) from central Bayswater. Located in Lunenburg, this 4-star hotel room features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. Our customers like its central location and room size.
- Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre is located 12.3 mi (19.7 km) from the heart of Bayswater. This 3.5-star resort in Western Shore features a marina, a full-service spa, and a restaurant. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Surfside Inn is 9.4 mi (15.2 km) from the center of Bayswater. Guests who stay at this 3-star inn in Hubbards can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Bayswater
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 42°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- About 1.10 inches of rain falls on Bayswater each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F