Not very good information
Posted Sep 25, 2012 on Hotels
We were told the room was non-smoking, but although the room had a "No Smoking" sign outside, the room very obviously smelled of stale cigarette smoke. There was also a cigarette burn in the sheets. Also, when we inquired at the front desk about the adjoining restaurant, the clerk (who was rather standoffish anyway) told us the restaurant was shut down. There was, however, a lounge next to the hotel that we discovered later, but the clerk never bothered to tell us about it. When I tried to make a local call, I wound up having to call the front desk to have them turn the phone on...I have never had to activate a hotel phone before. Finally, the plug to the bathroom sink had no way to be unplugged, short of prying it open with a utensil. We only stayed one night, so the room served its basic purpose, but many of the details that bring visitors back for repeat business were sadly lacking.