Great Location; good value for price
Posted Jul 18, 2016
I stayed for two nights this past weekend. After my stay, I would highly recommend this hotel for the following reasons:
- GREAT LOCATION - literally a few steps from the subway station and one block from Sanlitun street where alot of the foreigners are with Western bars and restaurants. This was important for me as I did not want to waste time/money on taxis in heavy Beijing traffic.
- Full service fitness center - which is a private fitness club but is complimentary for guests. Four levels with full selection of cardio and weight training equipment.
- Pool - indoor, clean, and friendly staff
- Hotel staff - very friendly and professional. English level ok. Easy check in and out.
- Breakfast - great! worth getting.
- Bed - comfortable, clean, and great size even for tall guests (which I am)
- Shower water pressure - excellent!
- security - there was always staff at the doors and you needed a room key to get up elevator
But some drawbacks
- slight mold/mildew in the shower - not enough to freak you out, but its there
- carpet in room had stains and was worn out
- wifi was ok - not great in terms of speed and full range, but there was always service
- overall interior was dated and needed a fresh look. Although clean and expensive looking at one time,, it could be updated.
Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.