Fantastic Lodge with Outstanding Service!
Posted Jul 12, 2015 on Hotels
We stayed July 3rd - 4 nights with no rain during rainy season. Luxury jungle lodge sits among pine & palm trees on a mountain with rain forest a walk below. Temperature’s more comfortable than lower in the valley. We choose basic room - large, nicely furnished.
1) Greeted at doorstep, everyone addressed us by name;
2) Decorated room: towels folded into kissing swans, flower petals on bed, handmade card;
3) Kept generator on so we could take late night Jacuzzi;
4) Gave us Walkie-Talkies to hike their 90 sq. mile property & sent someone to check we were OK when we didn’t return by dark;
5) I lacked water shoes for the ATM cave so manager Wayne (co-manages with wife Britt) lent me his shoes (!);
6) Gave me anti-itch cream without asking when I was scratching,
7) Asked what we wanted for dinner (cheeseburger/me, lobster/wife),
8) Wayne & Britt’s hospitality permeate the resort: engaging, fun, and their staff share the spirit: Andy (waiter), Tito (bar), Siomara (front desk)… with 12 rooms felt like royalty.
Location’s remote, few food choices , we included breakfast & dinner: excellent food! No charge to add items to continental breakfast. Dinner is 4-courses with 3 entrée choices.
Unexpected delight? Hiking Butterfly Falls & Devil's Falls; we swam alone in the pools under the falls (think Tarzan movie)!
If driving, rent 4WD: last 18 miles are unpaved logging road, worth the effort to get there!