Travelers to Bellingham give high marks for the college vibe, abundant coffeehouses, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, theaters, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Bellis Fair Mall.
- There are 168 hotels and other accommodations in Bellingham
- The closest major airport is in Bellingham, WA (BLI-Bellingham Intl.), 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.), 19.2 mi (30.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bellingham
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Mount Baker Theatre, Bellingham Railway Museum, and Spark Museum of Electrical Invention. Attractions like Marine Life Center and Birch Bay Waterslides are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Fairhaven Park, Larrabee State Park, and Hovander Homestead Park.
In Bellingham, there are 168 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Oxford Suites Bellingham - This 3-star hotel in Meridian features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Heliotrope Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services.
- Inn At Lynden - This 3.5-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Bellingham include Bellis Fair Mall. Outside the city, top places to visit include White Rock Pier, located 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Fort Langley National Historic Site, which is 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away.
Getting Around Bellingham
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Bellingham Station. Bellingham might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bellingham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Bellingham gets about 35.79 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 32°F