Hotel Amshi - reasonable for price
Posted Aug 1, 2011 on Hotels
The Hotel Amshi has been a perfectly reasonable place to stay while looking for a cost effective choice in a conveniently located neighborhood of Bangalore.
- Location is excellent. The hotel is on a nice and quiet neighborhood side street, but is only a few blocks away from major landmarks and thoroughfares, which makes transit very simple (many autos gather very nearby).
- The neighborhood is geared towards travelers; many travel companies, banks, and hotels nearby.
- Staff is helpful and very nice.
- Consistent hot water, consistent power, and reasonably good wifi connection.
-Clean! (some ares could use some paint or the bedspread might be discolored in places, but it is meticulously clean.)
- There is not a restaurant at this hotel. They do have a large room service menu, but there is not a restaurant at the facility. (you can feel a bit like a shut-in on nights you don't want to go out for food)
**** Breakfast is complimentary, and it is dropped off at your room at about 8 every morning. The desk calls to verify that you want breakfast before it is brought to your door (which is usually nice, but not always welcome if the night before was late)
- The hallways are all tile, and can become quite noisy when the staff is racing around. Also, the staff appear not to have a place to gather, so they tend to gather in the stairwells/hallways, again, can be noisy.
I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks, and while I have stayed at nicer places, the cost (cost for service) of this hotel made it worth my while. As long as you are not expecting the Taj, you should be happy.