Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Bentota, which is also known for its spas and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodations in Bentota
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 53.5 mi (86.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bentota
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Bentota Beach and Moragalla Beach. In the area, you'll also find Kande Vihare Temple and Brief Garden, Bevis Bawa.
In Bentota, you'll find 92 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Saman Villas - This 4.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Whispering Palms Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Taj Bentota Resort & Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Bentota
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bentota is 3.66 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 73°F