Poor room service quality and customer care
Posted Nov 30, 2016
Our stay at Fairmount Southampton was disappointing. Its room cleaning service was poor. Its managers never paid attention to us and never apologized. Here is what happened. Other than this experience, our stay was okay.
• In the evening of our first day, we found pieces of broken glass on the floor and our children were about to get hurt.
• Next morning, I called one of the concierges to tell about this fact. She told me to stop by to the front desk to talk to a manager. No apologies.
• In the afternoon, I stopped by the front desk and the manager told me that she had not had a chance to talk to the room service manager. She said she would talk to me after speaking to the room service manager. No apologies.
• After I talked to the manager at the front desk and while my family were waiting outside of our room for room service cleaning, room service manager came by and promised that they will remove them. No apologies.
• When we entered the room, the pieces of broken glasses were not removed.
• No calls, no letters, no apologies from any of the managers after that.
Comment from Hotel Management
Dec 6, 2016 by Francois T, Hotel Management
Dear Dragon Year,
Thank you for the feedback. It is important for us.
I am very sorry you feel this way about your experience. I discussed with the manager that came into your room on that morning and he assured me that he removed the pieces of glass himself after apologizing. Therefore, I assume there must have been a misunderstanding with him. Please accept my most sincere apologies as our intentions are clear on the fact that our main purpose is to have all our guests leaving satisfied with their experience. We agree that glass on the floor is not acceptable in a hotel room and I assure you the manager went into the room and intended to remove it all.
Now, I know that you were also in contact with a member of our upper management. I hope you were satisfied with the resolution.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist at this point. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future.