Amazing hotel - you'll be glad you stayed
Posted Aug 31, 2016 on Hotels
This was our first trip to Switzerland as a family and we wanted to spend some time walking in the mountains but based from a family friendly resort and hotel. To say we picked the right place to visit and stay would be an understatement.
The best view as they say, is often from the children (ours are 11,11 and 13 - all girls), so the following statements are their own descriptions of what they thought:
• Welcoming family run hotel
• Great modern facilities
• Very interesting history
• Keen to share local stories and immerse you in the last 20 years of them being there as well as the 100+ years of the hotel and town.
• Food was good
• Very friendly
• Breakfast was nice
• Perfectly cooked soft boiled eggs
• Facilities were good - swimming pool / hot tub
• Good advice on trips and walks
• Nice big trampoline
• Child friendly
• X box and games
• Lots of cultures so good place to meet people
• Near the shops
To this, mum and dad would add that they also had a well put together set of evenings and external activities.
The hand cranked barrel Organ was a particular favourite
Overall we would thoroughly recommend our experience at the Edelweiss, we saw and experienced things we wouldn't have been able to otherwise and we can't wait to return for our next trip.