Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelDC-area hotel in downtown Bethesda, near White House
Popular property highlights
National Institutes of Health
This DC area hotel is located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, a half-mile from the National Institutes of Health and within 8 miles of the White House.
Pool, on-site dining
A rooftop fitness center at this DC area Doubletree has a seasonal outdoor pool. On-site restaurants offer casual and upscale dining experiences as well as room service.
Guestrooms at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bethesda - Washington DC offer Sweet Dreams® beds, 42-inch HDTVs, coffeemakers, hair dryers, and free WiFi.
- Good location
- Overall property condition
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Guestroom size
- Comfy beds and overall room comfort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bethesda - Washington DC
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bethesda - Washington DC is a half-mile from the National Institutes of Health and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in the suburbs of Washington DC.
On-site garage parking and valet parking (surcharges) are available. Parking is also available nearby (surcharge). The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to the nearest Metro station.
The hotel offers several dining options, from casual meals to upscale dining. Room service is available (limited hours). A rooftop fitness center includes a seasonal outdoor pool. Children must be accompanied by an adult in fitness facilities.
The property also offers WiFi (surcharge) in public spaces and a complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel offers 13,000 square feet (1,208 square meters) of meeting space including a conference center.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bethesda - Washington DC is a smoke-free property. (Fines apply for violations.)
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 11
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Conference space size (meters) - 1208
- Free area shuttle
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free reception
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 13000
- Conference center
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 270
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 16
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Bathtub or shower
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- MP3 docking station
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- LCD TV
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
The OZ Restaurant - Casual dining restaurant serving a buffet breakfast each day and a buffet lunch on weekdays. A seasonally changing menu of upscale dinner selections are also offered daily. Breakfast is served 6:30 to 10:30 AM.
The Wine Bar - Serving 50 wines by the glass; full bar service also available. Menu includes light dinner fare, hors d'oeuvres, and snacks. Big-screen TVs and video games. Open late afternoon to late night.
Room service is available (limited hours).
A complimentary manager's reception is provided on early Wednesday evenings.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 for adults, USD 10 and USD 20 for children (approximately)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 23.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per night
- In-room microwave fee: USD 10.00 per night
- DoubleTree Hilton Bethesda Washington DC
- DoubleTree Hilton Washington Hotel Bethesda DC
- DoubleTree Hilton Bethesda Washington DC Hotel
- DoubleTree Hilton Hotel Bethesda Washington DC
- DoubleTree by Hilton Bethesda Washington DC
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.