Travelers to Biarritz give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium and monuments. Top sights in the city include Casino Barriere, Grand Beach, and Biarritz Aquarium.
- There are 471 hotels and other accommodations in Biarritz
- The closest major airport is in Biarritz (BIQ-Pays Basque), 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Sebastian (EAS), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Biarritz
Cultural venues in the city include Asiatica Museum of Asian Art, Biarritz Historic Museum, and City of the Ocean Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Biarritz Lighthouse, Villa Beltza, and Virgin's Rock. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Grand Beach, Cote des Basques, and Marbella Beach.
In Biarritz, you'll be able to select from 471 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel St-Julien - This 3-star hotel in Biarritz City Centre features parking, a library, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hôtel Au Bon Coin - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Biarritz City Centre can enjoy access to a business center and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel Villa Koegui - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Biarritz City Centre can enjoy access to a bar and a snack bar/deli, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Biarritz include Casino Barriere and Biarritz Aquarium. Popular places to see outside the city include Anglet Beach, located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city center, and Musee Basque, which is 4.4 mi (7.1 km) away.
Getting Around Biarritz
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Biarritz Station. Biarritz may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Biarritz
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Biarritz is 1.18 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F