Visiting Big Sky
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Big Sky, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its golf courses.
- There are 224 hotels and other accommodations in Big Sky
- The closest major airport is in Bozeman, MT (BZN-Gallatin Field), 36.4 mi (58.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in West Yellowstone, MT (WYS-Yellowstone), 40.3 mi (64.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Big Sky
The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Ousel Falls Park, Lone Peak, and Gallatin National Forest. Skiing, ziplining, and rafting are top activities, while sights to visit include Big Sky Golf Course, Big Sky Resort, and Moonlight Basin Ski Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Big Sky Town Center and Historic Crail Ranch.
In Big Sky, you'll be able to select from 224 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Moonlight Mountain Homes - With a stay at this 4-star condo, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and an outdoor pool, along with a private spa tub. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Alpenglow Condos at Big Sky Resort - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this condo. This 3.5-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Village Center at Big Sky Resort - This 3.5-star condo features a full-service spa, ski slopes, and free breakfast. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and central location.
Dressing for Big Sky
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 7°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 20°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 28°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 6°F at night
- About 20.24 inches of rain falls on Big Sky each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 7°F