Visitors to Birsfelden are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses, riverfront, and bars. Messeturm Basel, Basler Muenster, and Basel Historical Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 138 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Basel
- The closest major airport is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport), 5.6 mi (8.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport), 5.6 mi (9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Birsfelden
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Messeturm Basel, Basler Muenster, and Basel Historical Museum. In the area, you'll also find Basel Town Hall and Spalentor.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Alfa Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Basel Zoo, located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center, and Beyeler Foundation, which is 2.5 mi (4 km) away.
Dressing for Birsfelden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Birsfelden gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F