Visiting Black River
Visitors to Black River are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Flic-en-Flac Beach, Tamarind Falls, and Chamarel Falls are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Black River
- The closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Black River
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Flic-en-Flac Beach, Tamarind Falls, and Chamarel Falls. Additionally, in the area you'll find Ganga Talao and Rochester Falls.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Black River. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Latitude Luxury Seafront Apartments - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with a private plunge pool.
- Vanilla House - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this apartment. With a stay at this 2-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- La Mariposa - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Caudan Waterfront, located 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the city center, and Immigration Depot, which is 16.1 mi/25.9 km away.
Dressing for Black River
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 65°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Black River gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas September and August are often coldest, averaging 65°F