It's certainly worth your time to visit Black Rock Mountain State Park.
While you may not recognize Helen, the destination it is located in, you will probably be aware of the state capital, Atlanta, 95 miles away.
A stay at the Regal Inn Clayton, the only hotel in the immediate vicinity of Black Rock Mountain State Park, will ensure that you have a piece of all of the action, since it's located only 2 miles away.
There's no need to fork out every hard-earned penny on your hotel room. You can choose to stay at one of the popular budget hotels that are in the surrounding area. Some establishments that come highly recommended include the Quality Inn & Suites Mt Chalet and the Knights Inn Dillard.
Other Places to Visit near Black Rock Mountain State Park
Of course, there are a few other things going on in proximity to Black Rock Mountain State Park:
- Educate yourself on the area's people and stories from the past at Foxfire Museum, a thought-provoking museum that has on show a great collection of exhibits.
- If you love to play golf, stop by Rabun County Golf Club. It's the perfect place to practice your game while you enjoy the fresh air.
- No matter if you are someone who knows the ins and outs of wine tasting or you just love to share a bottle of wine with your travel companions, Tiger Mountain Vineyards is the perfect spot to explore local wines.
- Base yourself at Kingwood Resort Golf and you don't have to spend time searching for fun activities.
- Get your heart rate up and enjoy being on the water at Andy's Trout Farm.