Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 7, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Blackwood are sure to enjoy the spas, golf courses, and restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Castell Coch, Llandaff Cathedral, and National Museum Wales.
- You'll find 285 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Blackwood
Castell Coch, Llandaff Cathedral, and National Museum Wales are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Cardiff Castle and Museum of Welsh Life.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Principality Stadium, 13.8 mi/22.2 km from the heart of the city, and Wales Millennium Centre, which is 14.8 mi (23.9 km) away.
Getting Around Blackwood
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Pengam Station. Blackwood might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Blackwood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Blackwood is 1.26 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Blackwood?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Blackwood, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Blackwood?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation to Blackwood?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Blackwood?
What's the best golf hotel in Blackwood?
What are some hotels with pools in Blackwood?
Recent reviews of Blackwood hotels
More trip options
- Blackwood Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Blackwood Airports
- Hotels in Blackwood Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Blackwood Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Blackwood
- More Hotel Options in Blackwood
- More Popular Hotels in Cardiff
- Other Hotels near Blackwood, Cardiff
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends