Travelers to Blandford will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 75 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.), 40.1 mi (64.6 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Blandford
Places to visit in the larger region include Swiss Air Flight 111 Memorial Bayswater, Bayswater Beach Provincial Park, and Chester Golf Club. You'll also find Graves Island Provincial Park and Saint Margarets Bay in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Blandford, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Rum Runner Inn is 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from central Blandford. Located in Lunenburg, this 4-star hotel room features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre is located 9.9 mi (16 km) from the heart of Blandford. This 3.5-star resort in Western Shore features a marina, a full-service spa, and a restaurant. Our customers like its bar and beach locale.
- Smugglers Cove Inn is 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the center of Blandford. This 4-star hotel in Lunenburg features free WiFi, concierge services, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Blandford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 42°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 18°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Blandford is 1.10 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F