Travelers to Bloomington give high marks for the college vibe, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters and entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Brown County State Park.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Bloomington
- The closest major airport is in Indianapolis, IN (IND-Indianapolis Intl.), 39.9 mi (64.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bloomington
Well-known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Indiana University Auditorium, Wonderlab Science Museum, and Lawrence County Museum of History. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Indiana University Bloomington is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Memorial Stadium and Assembly Hall.
In Bloomington, there are 62 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Persimmon Inn - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Grant Street Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Beaumont House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Brown County State Park, located 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Bloomington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 21°F at night
- Bloomington gets about 47.32 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 22°F