Visiting Boca Chica
Travelers to Boca Chica give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and bars. Around the area, top sights include Boca Chica, Colon Lighthouse and Museum, and Alcazar de Colon.
- You'll find 386 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Santo Domingo
- The closest major airport is in Santo Domingo (SDQ-Las Americas Intl.), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santo Domingo (JBQ-La Isabela Intl.), 25.8 mi (41.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Boca Chica
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Boca Chica and La Caleta Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nautical Club of Santo Domingo and Caucedo Port.
In Boca Chica, there are 62 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton by Hilton Santo Domingo Airport - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Batey Hotel Boutique - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Vista Marina Residence - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers love its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Colon Lighthouse and Museum, located 17.1 mi (27.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Alcazar de Colon, which is 18.1 mi/29.1 km away.
Dressing for Boca Chica
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 66°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- About 55.83 inches of rain falls on Boca Chica each year
- September and July are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F