Visitors give high marks for the temples in Borobudur, which is also known for its local tours and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and museums.
- You'll find 594 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Yogyakarta
- The closest major airport is in Yogyakarta (JOG-Adisucipto Intl.), 21.8 mi (35.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Borobudur
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Punthuk Setumbu, Borobudur Temple, and Candi Pawon. Additionally, you might want to add Samudraraksa Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Borobudur. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Plataran Heritage Borobudur Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Villa Borobudur - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Shankara Borobudur - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Borobudur
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 75°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 93°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Borobudur gets about 51.22 inches of rain per year
- September and October are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while September and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F