Get an overview of this hotelSuburban Boston hotel 6 miles from downtown
Popular property highlights
Over Mass Turnpike
In suburban Newton, only 6 miles from downtown Boston and 10 miles from the airport via the Ted Williams Tunnel, this Crowne Plaza has a unique perch over the Massachusetts Turnpike.
The 3rd floor houses an indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the turnpike. Lobby 320 offers breakfast.
Plush beds, big desks
All 270 air-conditioning guestrooms include luxury bedding with plump duvets, 7-foot-long desks with swivel chairs, complimentary high-speed Internet access, pay movies, and video games.
- Central, quiet location
- Onsite restaurant
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Overall room comfort
- Guestrooms were a little noisy
Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton
Perched above the Massachusetts Turnpike, the Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton is 6 miles (10 kilometers) from downtown Boston and 10 miles (16 kilometers) from the airport. A medical center, the shopping district, and the university are also close at hand.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel, as well as an Internet station. There are 2 complimentary workstations in the business center, and 6 meeting rooms are provided. Concierge services, a gift shop, and ATM are on site.
An indoor pool and 24-hour fitness center have floor-to-ceiling windows with turnpike views. Lobby 320 serves up breakfast.
Garage parking is available for a surcharge.
- Express check-in
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 6
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 743
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 8000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 270
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 12
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Lobby 320 - Our hotel restaurant off the main lobby provides fresh, American breakfast daily.
Room service - Available for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Not available 24/7.
Social Restaurant and Bar - Located past the elevators, adjacent to the lobby/reception area, Social offers American cuisine and lunch, dinner and cocktails daily.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel provides an indoor pool and adjacent fitness center containing cardio machines, bicycle machines, a strength-training machine, and free weights. Both pool and fitness center have floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Massachusetts Turnpike/I-90.
A quarter mile away, the Newton YMCA includes two pools, a basketball court, outdoor and indoor running tracks, and a fitness center offering classes such as yoga, Pilates, and spinning (surcharges). Newton Commonwealth Golf Course, open to the public, is 1.5 miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD $10.00 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per pet, per stay
- 2 per room (up to 50 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 75 per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 7 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 28.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per pet, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 15.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD $10.00 per stay
- Boston Crowne Plaza Newton
- Boston Newton Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Boston
- Crowne Plaza Boston Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Boston Hotel Newton
- Crowne Plaza Boston Newton
- Crowne Plaza Newton
- Crowne Plaza Newton Boston
- Newton Crowne Plaza
- Newton Crowne Plaza Boston
- Crowne Plaza Boston Newton Hotel
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.