Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelBoutique hotel near Boston's TD Garden venue
Popular property highlights
Near TD Garden
The Kimpton Onyx Hotel is 1 block from TD Garden and a few short blocks from Faneuil Hall Marketplace and North End; Boston Common is less than 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) away.
Complimentary amenities at this Boston boutique hotel include an evening wine hour, 24-hour business center, and fitness center.
The artfully decorated guestrooms at Kimpton Onyx Hotel feature down bedding, leopard-print robes, Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities, flat-screen TVs, and iPod docks. Yoga mats and a yoga TV channel are complimentary.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Kimpton Onyx Hotel
This stylish hotel is set on a quiet street a block from TD Garden and less than a mile from Faneuil Hall and Boston Common. A subway station is a block away.
Kimpton Onyx Hotel specialties include Office in a Bag, which contains a complimentary selection of office supplies, and Strike a Pose, with an in-room yoga channel and a complimentary yoga mat and block.
The intimate Ruby Room provides breakfast, dinner, cocktails, and 24-hour room service. The hotel hosts a complimentary wine hour in the evenings.
Kimpton Onyx Hotel's fitness and business centers are both open 24 hours. The property offers complimentary wired and wireless Internet to Kimpton Karma members.
Pets are welcome at no extra charge. Dog-walking services are available for a fee.
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 2004
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (meters) - 46
- Spa services on site
- Free reception
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 500
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 112
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 11
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
A complimentary wine hour is provided nightly from 5 PM-6 PM (hours subject to change).
Ruby Room - Intimate restaurant and lounge adjacent to reception area. Stainless-steel chandelier with twinkling red lights, red-leather banquettes, and orange upholstered chairs. Sandwiches, pizzas, appetizers, and desserts. Specialty cocktails. Open for breakfast and dinner; bar open until late evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
Nearby Things to Do
Kimpton Onyx Hotel's 24-hour fitness center provides cardio equipment.
Visitors and locals sail, kayak, and row in the Charles River a half-mile from the hotel, and joggers run through parks along the river's banks.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Resort fee: USD 17.17 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Additional inclusions
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 16 for adults and USD 6.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 47 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per day
- Hotel Onyx
- Onyx Boston
- Onyx Hotel
- Onyx Hotel Boston
- Onyx Hotel Kimpton
- Kimpton Onyx Hotel Boston
- Kimpton Onyx Boston
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.