This is our "Indian Cabin" if the dates you are looking for are unavailable please check out our "Cowboy Cabin" #1670196 or Cowgirl Cabin #2119068.
The Indian Cabin is a Cozy 2 room cabin with an Indian theme that contains all the luxuries of home with a fully equipped kitchen, including dishes, utensils, cooking pans, coffee mugs, and wine glasses! We provide the basic spices, olive oil, coffee, creamer, and sugar. There is a full size refrigerator/freezer, coffee maker, Keurig, and microwave. Bring your favorite coffee pod and enjoy it sitting on the porch swing overlooking the lake as the Canadian Geese fly in for a landing. There is a TV, DVD player, stereo, games, colors & coloring books, cards, and Dominoes to enjoy as well.
The Indian Cabin has an air-conditioner and heater in both rooms with ceiling fans. In the bedroom is a queen bed and in the living room is a full size bed and the and a twin size day bed. It can sleep 5 adults comfortably. Due to the fact that our rates are so reasonable we must charge a $25 per person charge for every person over 4 people.
You will have your own secluded hideaway on a private lake approximately 15 acres and a 5 acre pond on the backside of the cabins. There are only three guest cabins and they sit on a peninsula in between the pond and lake. They are surrounded by hedges and trees therefore you cannot see one cabin from the other and you cannot see the cabins from the road, which makes it very private, quiet and peaceful. There is a combination of road and path that goes around the lake, pond and property that is suitable for walking and biking. Feel free to bring bicycles if you want.
If you love to fish this is the spot!!! We have THE BEST fishing around! Both our pond and lake are waiting to be fished! Be sure and bring all your fishing gear (poles, reels, tackle, and bait). There are Big Mouth Bass, Perch, Crappie, and Carp - all sizes. Bait suggestions: Spinner baits and top water poppers for late evening and night fishing or early morning fishing. The fish are waiting to jump on your hook! The lake is great for swimming and floating around on. We have paddle boats and a Jon boat with a trolling motor for you to use. There is a sand bar about half way across that you can take chairs to and hang out on. Feel free to bring rafts, canoes, water shoes, beach towels, and water toys.
Enjoy grilling steaks or cooking up your catch of the day right on the front porch deck. The BBQ is charcoal (you’ll need to bring). Bring S’mores makings and enjoy roasting marshmallows over the fire in the Fire pit next to the lake. We provide a couple bundles of wood and starter twigs for the fire pit. If it has been raining our wood will be wet. You may want to pick up some dry wood or fire logs and lighter fluid to get our wet wood going and to have more fires. Items to consider bringing: charcoal, lighter fluid, matches, insect repellant, flashlight & batteries, and ice.
• Enjoy fishing and fish all you want! We would prefer you throw back any fish over 3 pounds for the potential catch of the next guest.
• Please DO NOT take fish home. Enjoy what you can eat while you're here, but leave some for the next guests. We're not a fish market! haha
• Please DO NOT clean fish inside the cabins or on the porches. Clean them outside and throw the guts/waste in the water for the catfish.
• Do not leave fish on a stringer too long. They will die and or the turtles will eat them.
• Please - No glass containers around the lake, be careful! Our next guests could step on your broken glass.
• Be very careful with the tackle, kids and pets can get hooked. If your tackle gets caught and you're having trouble, just let us know.
• Do not leave bait on the hooks not being used. Animals will eat the bait & hook including our dogs.
• Trash cans are provided - please help us keep the lake beautiful for everyone. Keep the lids closed to keep the critters out
Remember . . .
You are in the country; there are spiders, snakes of all variety, vermin, bees and other NATURAL living species you may not have encountered in the cities. Nature is beautiful but being in nature can be dangerous if you are not paying attention to what you are doing and where you are walking.
We are doing our best to eliminate the fire ants, so please be aware where you are walking/standing.
Always take a walking stick with you when walking around the property (they are provided at the cabin).