Fantastic location, comical service.
Posted Sep 2, 2016 on Hotels
First a couple of good points:
1. The wild location is exceptional.
2. The food was very good and excellent value.
1. It's at least an hour drive on a dirt track off the main road. 4 wheel drive almost essential, especially if it rains. Would be helpful to be told in advance.
2. Wi-fi very poor. Don't rely on it.
3. Spa was closed 'for maintenance' for the whole of our stay. Was one of the main reasons for going.
4. Main course took 1.5 hours on first night. Certain items not available as 'out of season'. Were available in supermarkets in Cape Town!
5. Stargazing was 'off' due to cloudy weather. Complete nonsense, was one of the clearest night skies I've ever seen - and one couple persuaded them to run it, but no-one told the rest of us!
Could have been brilliant and special, instead of interesting but frustrating. In spite of everything I would still recommend it. But come on guys and girls, decency customer service should be the easy bit.