Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bridgeport, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront, football games, and university setting.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Bridgeport
- The closest major airport is in Clarksburg, WV (CKB-North Central West Virginia), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Morgantown, WV (MGW-Morgantown Municipal), 30.1 mi (48.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bridgeport
The city's cultural venues include Anna Jarvis Birthplace Museum and Barbour County Historical Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Philippi Covered Bridge, Adaland Mansion, and Mother's Day Shrine. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Veterans Park, Watters Smith Memorial State Park, and Tygart Lake State Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Bridgeport. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hampton Inn Fairmont - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport/Clarksburg - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Bridgeport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Bridgeport is 45.60 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F