Get an overview of this hotelIn Puerto Madero neighborhood, luxury hotel near Presidente Sarmiento Frigate Ship Museum
Popular property highlights
In historical district
Faena Hotel Buenos Aires is set in the heart of Buenos Aires, just steps from the city's riverside promenade and ecological reserves and only 5 minutes from the financial district and the government house.
Spa and fitness
In addition to 2 restaurants, Faena Hotel And Universe features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a full-service spa and a 24-hour business center.
Guestrooms have premium bedding, air conditioning, and bathrobes; rooms also include safes and slippers.
- Onsite bar
- Helpful staff
Faena Hotel Buenos Aires
In 2004, Argentine Entrepreneur Alan Faena and world renowned designer Philippe Starck transformed El Porteno Building, an abandoned century old grain silo, into the Faena Hotel and Universe. Conceived as a center for creative living where guests are able to experience the local culture, the opening of Faena Hotel and Universe gave birth to a new way of living, uniting old and new, transforming the historic building into a paradigm for 21st century living and a creative center that represents the best of Buenos Aires.
The Jorge Newbery Domestic Airport is a 20 minute drive, and it's approximately 40 minutes to Ezeiza International Airport. Private airport transfers are available to hotel guests (surcharge). Valet parking is available onsite (surcharge).
The hotel's 108 rooms and suites are infused with the romance and decadence of the Belle Epoque style, while providing world class comforts and modern technology.
Faena's Universe includes two unique dining experiences: El Bistro, where Chef Mariano Cid de la Paz, a disciple of renowned Chef Ferran Adria, serves sophisticated international cuisine, and El Mercado, an authentic cantina serving fresh local cuisine, as well as The Library Lounge bar and a 3,500 bottle wine cellar. El Cabaret provides an intimate setting for the best tango show in town, Rojo Tango, and other live performances.
Other amenities include The Spa, which features a gym, personal trainers, beauty treatments, nutrition specialists and healing therapies, the Hammam, a Turkish style steam bath and the best outdoor pool in Buenos Aires.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 87
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 7
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Shopping on site
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 3
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Poolside bar
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 336
- Year Built 2004
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 3617
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Outdoor pool
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- In-room massage available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
El Bistro, Faena's formal restaurant, is the epitome of modern elegance, featuring white banquettes, chairs, lamp shades, tablecloths and curtains contrasted with the rich red of the wool carpeting, crystal chandeliers and blazing ruby eyes of the ten oversized unicorn heads mounted high on the walls. Chef Mariano Cid de la Paz, a disciple of world renowned Chef Ferran Adria, serves sophisticated international cuisine, while The Cellar provides a selection of over 3,500 bottles of wine.
El Mercado, Faena's more casual restaurant, is a warm, inviting space with brick walls, wood tables and a collection of charming and unique antiques. The restaurant serves fresh, local cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner, while an authentic adobe oven churns out traditional Argentine recipes such as beef empanadas.
The Library Lounge offers a homely, relaxed atmosphere for you to enjoy those unique moments: a morning coffee, a healthy lunch, a pause to read, a chance to put your feet up, or a long-awaited rendez vous.
El Cabaret has been especially created to arouse fantasy and sensuality. Its stage is framed by red, gold-trimmed curtains, while the acoustic space has been specifically designed with live shows in mind. Intimacy and privacy is assured with El Cabaret's capacity, limited to an exclusive 120 people.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool, a health club, a sauna, and a steam room. Other recreational amenities include a fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Free bicycles on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The on-site spa has massage/treatment rooms. Services include facials and body treatments. The spa is equipped with Turkish bath/hammam.
- Deep tissue massage
- Thai massage
- Hot stone massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 2 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 100 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets stay free
- 1 per room (up to 5 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 575
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 288 (from 2 to 12 years old)
- All citizens of Argentina will be charged the national value-added tax (21%) upon check-out. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. To qualify for a tax exemption, tourists must present a valid passport and pay for the services rendered with a non-Argentine credit card or via bank transfer from another country. This tax exemption does not apply for stays over 90 days. In the case of cancelled bookings, the cancellation penalties paid by the traveler will also be subject to the national VAT (21%).
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 40 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 195 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: USD 25 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 100 per night
- FAENA BUENOS AIRES
- FAENA HOTEL
- FAENA HOTEL BUENOS AIRES
- Faena Hotel Universe
We should mention
Children 2 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.