Visiting Bukit Mertajam
Visitors can enjoy all that Bukit Mertajam has to offer including the temples and churches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its secluded setting. Around the area, top sights include TESCO, Kek Lok Si Temple, and Fort Cornwallis.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Bukit Mertajam
- The closest major airport is in Penang (PEN-Penang Intl.), 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bukit Mertajam
Favorite places to visit in the city include St. Anne's Church, AEON Mall Bukit Mertajam, and Mengkuang Dam. Additionally, in the area you'll find TESCO and Kek Lok Si Temple.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Bukit Mertajam. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Iconic Hotel Penang - This 4-star hotel in Central Seberang Perai features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Vangohh Premier Hotel - Our customers like the pool at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Central Seberang Perai can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Hotel Alpha - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Bandar Perda can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its clean rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Fort Cornwallis, located 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city center, and Pinang Peranakan Mansion, which is 10.2 mi/16.4 km away.
Dressing for Bukit Mertajam
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bukit Mertajam is 2.68 inches
- Usually May and February are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F