Visiting Cabo Rojo
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cabo Rojo, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Scenic and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the city include Playa Sucia and Cabo Rojo Lighthouse.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Cabo Rojo
- The closest major airport is in Mayaguez (MAZ-Eugenio Maria de Hostos), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Aguadilla (BQN-Rafael Hernandez), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cabo Rojo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Playa Sucia, Isla de Ratones, and Buye Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cabo Rojo Lighthouse and Club Deportivo Del Oeste.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Cabo Rojo. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Luichy's Guest House - With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with satellite TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Combate Beach Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with in-room LED TVs.
- Hotel Perichi's - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Church of Porta Coeli, located 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Cabo Rojo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 65°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- Cabo Rojo gets about 85.12 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 64°F