Visiting Cachoeiras de Macacu
Visitors can enjoy all that Cachoeiras de Macacu has to offer including its parks. In Cachoeiras de Macacu, there are 5 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.), 39 mi (62.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 39.1 mi (62.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Cachoeiras de Macacu
A favorite place to visit in the city is Regua Nature Reserve. In the area, you'll also find Pico Menor and Parc Magique.
As you start planning for your getaway to Cachoeiras de Macacu, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 52 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hotel Palace Serra Verde Imperial is 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the center of Cachoeiras de Macacu. This 3-star hotel in Cachoeiras de Macacu features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Chiminelli Hotel Fazenda e Eventos is 8 mi (12.8 km) from central Cachoeiras de Macacu. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Cachoeiras de Macacu can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Pousada Água Cristalina is located 9.3 mi (15 km) from the heart of Cachoeiras de Macacu. This 2.5-star pousada in Cachoeiras de Macacu features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Cachoeiras de Macacu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 70°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- About 42.76 inches of rain falls on Cachoeiras de Macacu each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while June and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F