didn't quite make the grade
Posted Jul 5, 2015
I will start with the stronger points:
1. The hotel is located on a large land plot, the main building is in the middle of a pine tree grove.
2. Hotel grounds are landscaped and well-maintained, bougainvillea climbing over the walls make it pretty.
3. Helpful staff.
Things that didn’t quite work for us:
1. Rooms are rather basic, bathroom definitely needs a refurbishment.
2. Sea shore full of flotsam, the beach had mounds of rotting seaweed (how much does it cost to hire a couple of guys in a boat to go along the shoreline and collect the weeds every morning?)
3. During our stay they were filming an Italian reality TV show at the hotel. This meant that hotel periodically restricted access to certain areas for other guests (one overzealous security guard nearly jumped us when we were taking a stroll after dinner demanding that we turn back). TV crew occupied most of the communal areas in the hotel generally making a nuisance of themselves. Overall, that made me feel like a second rate guest.