Spend time with Mother Nature at Caiado Lagoon.
It is located in Sao Roque do Pico.
It's only approximately 6 miles to Caiado Lagoon if you spend your nights at one of the 12 hotels that are available in the area. The Casa do Comendador and Casa das Barcas are some popular places.
If budget is a concern, do yourself a favor and book in at the Pousada de Juventude do Pico. This hotel is not only reasonably priced, but a short commute of 6 miles away too.
If you can't get enough of life's finer things, you'll be excited to know that there are a number of upmarket hotels in the vicinity. Among the best establishments are the Aldeia da Fonte Hotel-Apartamentos and the Adegas do Pico.
Other Places to Visit near Caiado Lagoon
Make sure you retain some time in your itinerary to go experience some of the other things that are available in the vicinity of Caiado Lagoon:
- Trying to find an activity no a cold and wet day? Arrange a visit to Lajes Whaling Museum and enjoy time indoors while you appreciate the engaging exhibits.
- Organize a day out to see the compelling exhibits that can be found at Museu dos Baleeiros.
- Quiet inside and well-recognized from the outside, Sao Roque Church is not just a house of worship, but a premier tourist attraction as well.
- Usually, a hotel isn't on your sightseeing itinerary, but Convent of Sao Roque do Pico is a tourist destination that you will not want to miss.
- Mount Pico is regarded for its height and picturesque scenery. If you're a bit of an adventurer, enjoy a magnificent view when you reach the peak.