The room smelled like mold and mildew.
Posted Oct 11, 2016
The room smelled like mold and mildew and had my allergies roaring from the moment we arrived. Because it is hot and humid in Cairns, the air conditioning is essential, however the hotel turns it off during the day to save energy. When we arrived each night back in our room, it was so smelly and stuffy that I had allergy attacks. It took a full hour each night with the air-conditioning unit running on full speed to clear out the room of tepid air, and still it was not comfortable or clean air. The room was also small and felt closed in. We could never get the wifi to work in our room, either. We so dreaded returning to our hotel each night that we changed hotels after only two nights. We were much happier and much more comfortable at another upscale hotel nearby. The breakfasts here were not bad, however, and the staff were kind. Only the room and overall hotel were way below par for us.