Visiting Cairns North
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cairns North, and visitors give high marks for the coral reefs, local tours, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens, Mount Whitfield Conservation Park, and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- You'll find 478 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cairns
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.), 2 mi (3.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cairns North
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Cairns Esplanade Charles Street Parkland. In the area, you'll also find Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens and Mount Whitfield Conservation Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Cairns North. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- 201 Lake Street Apartments - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Royal Palm Villas Cairns - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this apartment. This 3.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- City Plaza Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its spacious and clean rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, 6.9 mi/11.1 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Cairns North
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 81.65 inches of rain falls on Cairns North each year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 63°F