Get an overview of this hotelPalatial hotel with casino and nightclub
Popular property highlights
Cairo Down Town
Set amid lush tropical gardens in Cairo city center, this palatial hotel is on an island in the Nile within 15 km of Giza's pyramids.
Guests can take their chances at the casino or go dancing at the nightclub; there are 14 restaurants and 5 bars.
Guestrooms include LED TVs, balconies, minibars, and free WiFi.
- Central location
- Helpful staff
Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
Renovations & Closures
- Fitness facilities
- Swimming pool
- Dining venue
- One of the dining venues
The Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino occupies a central location in the heart of Cairo, amid a lush, tropical island setting in the Nile. Conveniently within reach of Giza's pyramids and all Cairo's attractions, the hotel is housed in a 20-story former palace dating from 1869.
The hotel houses a world-class casino, nightclub, bookshop, and florist. With 14 restaurants on site, the hotel offers something to please every taste.
Those on business or organizing an event will benefit from the hotel's conference center, where amenities include 35,000 square feet (3,252 square meters) of meeting space, secretarial services, audio-visual equipment, event catering, and wedding services.
Further practical amenities at this smoke-free hotel include 24-hour room service, concierge services, on-site medical assistance, luggage storage, and laundry facilities. Guests arriving by car will find pay parking available on site.
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Luggage storage
- Number of bars/lounges - 5
- Conference center
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1981
- Number of restaurants - 14
- Conference space size (feet) - 35000
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 1060
- Number of floors - 20
- Shopping on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of coffee shops/cafes - 3
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour health club
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free WiFi
- Pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 14
- Conference space size (meters) - 3252
- Free reception
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Children's pool
- Indoor pool
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Children's pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Iron/ironing board
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- LED TV
Where to Eat
Breakfast is served from 6 AM to 11:30 AM daily. Room service is available 24 hours a day. The property's restaurants include:
Egyptian Nights - This restaurant offers traditional Middle Eastern cooking in a traditional Egyptian setting with outdoor terrace.
JW's Steakhouse - This steakhouse serves a range of American dishes including imported steaks in a traditional wood-panelled setting.
Roy's Country Kitchen - Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, this restaurant offers American style buffets in a relaxed, rustic setting.
Saraya Cafe - Serving pastas, pizzas and salads in a dramatic setting, this restaurant has an ornate ceiling and richly patterned drapes and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Torii - This Japanese restaurant serves noodles, sashimi and sushi; it is open for lunch and dinner with take away option.
Tuscany - This restaurant offers a range of traditional Tuscan dishes in an elegant Italian setting.
Harry's Pub - This authentic English pub serves snacks, drinks and light refreshments.
The Bakery - Offering a selection of sandwiches, croissants, and pastries, it is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Garden Promenade Café - This garden terrace café serves snacks, drinks, and barbecue.
Omar's Café - This café offers Middle Eastern and Oriental food from an a la carte menu and themed buffet in a traditional setting.
Empress Show Lounge - a casual venue serving dinner Wednesday through Friday, it has live entertainment including a band and belly dancer.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at 6 PM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 12:30 PM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service animals are allowed
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 28 for adults and USD 14 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 15 per day
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
- Cairo Marriott Hotel Omar Khayyam Casino
- Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam
- Marriott Omar Khayyam
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Marriott Cairo
- Marriott Hotel Omar Khayyam Casino
- Marriott Omar Khayyam Casino
- Cairo Marriott Omar Khayyam Casino
We should mention
Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.