Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Calcutta has to offer. There are 78 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Mala Mala (AAM), 22.2 mi (35.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Skukuza (SZK), 22.6 mi (36.3 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Calcutta
Places to visit in the larger region include Phabeni Gate, Kruger National Park, Elephant Whispers, and Perry's Bridge Reptile Park. Additionally, you'll find Shangana Cultural Village and Hazyview Elephant Sanctuary in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Calcutta, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Kruger Gate is 15.6 mi (25.2 km) from the center of Calcutta. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Sabiepark can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Sabie River Bush Lodge is 5.6 mi (8.9 km) from central Calcutta. This 3-star lodge in Cork features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Rissington Inn is located 9 mi (14.4 km) from the heart of Calcutta. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star inn in Hazyview can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Calcutta
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Calcutta gets about 0.94 inches of rain per year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F