Find Hotels in Caltagirone
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on May 11, 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Caltagirone has to offer including the monuments, museums, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and art. A top sight in the city is Santa Maria of Monte Staircase.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Caltagirone
- The closest major airport is in Comiso (CIY-Vincenzo Magliocco), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa), 34.4 mi (55.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Caltagirone
Cultural venues in the city include Civic Museum at the Bourbon Prison, Caltagirone Diocesan Museum, and Caltagirone Museum of Contemporary Art. The city is notable for landmarks like Santa Maria of Monte Staircase, Cathedral of San Giuliano, and St. Francis Bridge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palazzo Senatorio and Church of Jesus.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Caltagirone. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vecchia Masseria - With a stay at this 4-star farm stay, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Casale delle Rose - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this farm stay. This 4-star farm stay features a winery, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Villa Tasca - Amenities at this guesthouse include 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Akrai Archaeological Park, 24.4 mi/39.3 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Caltagirone
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Caltagirone Station. Caltagirone might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Caltagirone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Caltagirone is 0.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 50°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Caltagirone?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Caltagirone, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Caltagirone?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Caltagirone?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Caltagirone?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Caltagirone?
What's the best hotel to stay near Palazzo Senatorio?
What about the best place to stay close to Santa Maria of Monte Staircase?
What's the best place to stay in Caltagirone that's close to historical sites?
Recent reviews of Caltagirone hotels
More trip options
- Caltagirone Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Caltagirone Airports
- Hotels near Popular Caltagirone Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Caltagirone
- More Hotel Options in Caltagirone
- More Popular Hotels in Sicily
- Other Hotels near Caltagirone, Sicily
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends