Get an overview of this hotel4-star Braddon hotel in Northern Canberra, near Australian War Memorial
Popular property highlights
Located in Northern Canberra, this hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Canberra Centre and Australian War Memorial. National Museum of Australia and Old Parliament House are also within 3 mi (5 km).
Along with 2 restaurants, this hotel has a fitness center and a bar/lounge. Additionally, WiFi in public areas, 24-hour room service, and a business center are onsite.
All 129 rooms offer WiFi, 24-hour room service, and LCD TVs with digital channels. Other amenities available to guests include wired Internet, minibars, and coffee makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 4-star property consist of a business center and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. 3 meeting rooms are available. This business-friendly hotel also offers a fitness center, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge. A total renovation of this property was completed in April 2012.
Mercure Canberra has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 129
- Number of floors - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms 3
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1927
- Number of restaurants - 2
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
Olims Bar & Bistro - This bistro specializes in local cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Courtyard Restaurant - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Open select days.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness center.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 40.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 24.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: AUD 10 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40.0 per night
- Canberra Mercure
- Mercure Canberra Hotel
- Mercure Canberra
- Mercure Hotel Canberra
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.