Terrible beurocratic hotel.
Posted Nov 21, 2016
Surprisingly terrible hotel considering its rating. Here is a list of why I would not return:
1. Checkin took fourty five minutes, we had to fill in forms and talk to five seperate people. They kept looking me up on a list and then sending me to the next step. I filled in forms and was told I did it wrong. Why not have the first person check me in?
2. Our room was filthy with unmade beds and other peoples garbage when we walked in. Poo in the toilet dirty... Front desk didn't care. I tipped a maid to come clean. (We arrived at fourthirty but the front desk said we were early... So come after supper if you don't want other people's filth?)
3. Want a beach towel? Plan a twenty minute conversation.
4. Hotel food was pretty bland and boring. Nothing interesting on breakfast buffet.
5. You will pay for everything extra. Prices are inflated even more than would expect.
6. Rules are everywhere. Every wall, hallway, surface has some kind of rule. Most were logical but didn't need to be plastered everywhere. Even the swim up bar has a two foot zone you have to stay in and sit. No actual swimming allowed... And don't even think of drying a towel on a chair outside.
7. Constant Muzak in public areas. Full on synthesizer Muzak. A horrifying assault on your ears. People were sitting away from speakers but how do you get far enough?
My overall conclusion is that this place is run by management that sees guests as an inconvenience. Staff friendly but hotel is not.