Visitors to Cansino are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 873 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 36.4 mi (58.6 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Cansino
Places to visit in the larger region include Picota Peak, Misericordia de Monchique Church, and Monchique Biopark. Additionally, you'll find Nossa Senhora do Desterro Convent and Monchique Thermal Springs in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Cansino, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 15 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Tivoli Carvoeiro is located 18.8 mi (30.3 km) from the heart of Cansino. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Carvoeiro can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hotel Da Rocha is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from central Cansino. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Portimao can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and WiFi.
- Vilalara Thalassa Resort is 19 mi (30.7 km) from the center of Cansino. This 5-star hotel in Lagoa features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Our customers like its overall value and room size.
Dressing for Cansino
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- Cansino gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 48°F