Visiting Canyon Lake
Visitors to Canyon Lake are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. A top sight in the area is March Field Air Museum.
- You'll find 157 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Temecula
- The closest major airport is in Murrieta, CA (RBK-French Valley), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Bernardino, CA (SBD-San Bernardino Intl.), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Canyon Lake
Favorite places to visit in the city include Canyon Lake Country Club, Canyon Lake Chamber of Commerce, and City of Canyon Lake City Hall. Additionally, you'll find March Field Air Museum in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Canyon Lake - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and room size.
Dressing for Canyon Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 75°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 95°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 99°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 38°F at night
- About 11.69 inches of rain falls on Canyon Lake each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 98°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 39°F