Visiting Cape Charles
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Cape Charles, which is also known for its parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and golf courses.
- There are 86 hotels and other accommodations in Cape Charles
- The closest major airport is in Norfolk, VA (ORF-Norfolk Intl.), 26.5 mi (42.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newport News, VA (PHF-Newport News - Williamsburg Intl.), 29.8 mi (48 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cape Charles
The beaches, sunsets, and parks highlight the city's natural beauty, and Kiptopeke State Park, Cape Charles Beach, and Eastern Shore of Virginia National Wildlife Refuge are worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Bay Creek Golf Club to your agenda.
In Cape Charles, you'll be able to select from 86 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Alyssa House Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Fig Street Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room iPod dock.
- Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Cape Henry Lighthouse, located 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the heart of the city, and First Landing State Park, which is 22.6 mi (36.3 km) away.
Dressing for Cape Charles
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- About 46.73 inches of rain falls on Cape Charles each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 32°F