Get an overview of this hotelLuxury Stellenbosch hotel in Cape Winelands with 2 restaurants
Popular property highlights
Located in Cape Winelands, this luxury hotel is 0.8 mi (1.4 km) from Vredenheim Estate and within 3 mi (5 km) of Van Ryn Brandy Cellar and Oude Libertas Amphitheatre. Spier Wine Estate is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) away.
This smoke-free hotel features 2 restaurants, an attached winery, and an outdoor pool. Free full breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free valet parking are also provided. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a poolside bar, and a coffee shop/café are onsite.
All 41 individually decorated rooms feature free WiFi and 24-hour room service. For a bit of entertainment, TVs come with cable channels, and guests will also appreciate thoughtful touches like pillow menus and bathrobes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Asara Wine Estate & Hotel
A winery is attached to this Stellenbosch hotel. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 5-star property offers access to a business center and meeting rooms. 5 meeting rooms are available. This luxury hotel also offers an outdoor pool, spa services, and a terrace. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. Onsite self parking and valet parking are complimentary.
Asara Wine Estate & Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 41
- Number of floors - 2
- Babysitting or childcare
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Fireplace in lobby
- Pool umbrellas
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 5
- Multilingual staff
- Free valet parking
- Poolside bar
- Luggage storage
- Winery attached
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Year Built 2008
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Pool sun loungers
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Free self parking
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 5
- Spa services on site
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Free valet parking, RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Balcony or patio
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe
- Electric kettle
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Room service (24 hours)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Pillow menu
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Reception Lounge - This coffee shop overlooks the garden and specializes in local cuisine. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Open daily.
A complimentary full breakfast is served each morning between 7 AM and 10:30 AM.
Sansibar Gin Lounge - Overlooking the garden, this bistro specializes in local cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Open daily.
Mise en Place - This fine-dining restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves dinner only. Reservations are required. Open select days.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Mountain biking on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Number of treatment rooms 1
- Manicures and pedicures
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 17
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding. Children may not be eligible for complimentary breakfast.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for ZAR 500.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service animals are allowed
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Christmas Day (25 December) Gala Dinner per adult: ZAR 750.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: ZAR 950.00
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 460.00 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: ZAR 460.00 (from 0 to 17 years old)
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 500.00 per night
- Asara Wine Estate Hotel Stellenbosch
- Asara Wine Estate Hotel
- Asara Wine Estate Stellenbosch
- Asara Wine Estate
- Asara Wine Estate And Hotel
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.