Good value, Good Location, Great Views.
Posted Apr 18, 2016 on Hotels
We recently completed a stay in one of the executive suites at the Colosseum Luxury hotel. First the good:
* Room size is great. The photos did not do the room justice as we were pleasantly surprised with the size when we walked in.
* Very large balcony with access from bedroom and lounge that offers expansive views of the ocean, mountain and city. Especially great for viewing sunsets.
* Premium bedding and super comfortable bed.
* Modern, semi-open bathroom with large soaking-tub.
Now for the not so good:
* House keeping was very slow on one of the days and terribly loud the next.
* There are plenty of birds around the hotel and the balcony was not cleaned nearly enough. When standing on the balcony one looks down onto a lower level veranda that looked like it had not been cleaned in months.
* Several items of furniture and/or decorations were damaged and one of the large floor tiles in the kitchen was loose.
* The in-room entertainment needs updating. The hotel offers a limited selection of cable channels as well as a DVD library which is terribly old-school. I would like to see more modern television sets with HDMI should you wish to use your own laptop for viewing movies or services such as Netflix/Hulu.
Overall, I rate our stay and the hotel overall at 4.5 stars. It offers decent value for money and the staff were friendly and helpful. The location is good if you want to be out of the city but not terribly far from it.