Translation is not available.
Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel4-star Cape Town hotel in Cape Town City Centre, near South African National Gallery
Popular property highlights
Located in Cape Town City Centre, this boutique hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of South African Museum and Planetarium, Greenmarket Square, and Castle of Good Hope. Table Mountain is 2.6 mi (4.2 km) away.
Along with 3 restaurants, this smoke-free hotel has 5 bars/lounges and a coffee shop/café. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, coffee/tea in a common area, a meeting room, and concierge services are onsite.
All 25 rooms feature kitchenettes with refrigerators and microwaves, plus free WiFi and satellite TV. Guests will also find minibars, room service, and coffee makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hippo Boutique Hotel
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 3 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's 5 bars/lounges. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is complimentary. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. This business-friendly hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, coffee/tea in a common area, and concierge services. Complimentary self parking is available on site. A total renovation of this property was completed in July 2015.
Hippo Boutique Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of bars/lounges - 5
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 2004
- Total number of rooms - 25
- Coffee shop or café
- One meeting room
- Free self parking
- Number of floors - 4
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Hair dryer (on request)
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7:30 AM and noon.
Hippo Boutique Hotel has 3 restaurants on site.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
- Body treatments
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 12 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 12 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for ZAR 295 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for ZAR 50 per night.
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: ZAR 100 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 350 per vehicle (one way)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: ZAR 50 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 295 per night
- Hippo Boutique
- Hippo Boutique Cape Town
- Hippo Boutique Hotel
- Hippo Boutique Hotel Cape Town
- Hippo Hotel
- Hotel Hippo
- Hippo Boutique Hotel Cape Town, South Africa
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger are not permitted at this property. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.