Get an overview of this hotel4-star Cape Town hotel in City Bowl, near South African National Gallery
Popular property highlights
Located in City Bowl, this boutique hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of South African Museum and Planetarium, Greenmarket Square, and Castle of Good Hope. Table Mountain is 2.6 mi (4.2 km) away.
3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and 5 bars/lounges are available at this smoke-free hotel. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, coffee/tea in a common area, and a meeting room.
All 25 rooms feature kitchenettes with refrigerators and microwaves, plus free WiFi and satellite TV. Guests will also find minibars, room service, and coffee makers.
- Spotless guestrooms
- Good location
- Good for nightlife and sightseeing
- Helpful staff
- Guestroom size
Hippo Boutique Hotel
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 3 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of hotel's 5 bars/lounges. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is complimentary. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle. This business-friendly hotel also offers an outdoor pool, tour/ticket assistance, and coffee/tea in a common area. Complimentary self parking is available on site. A total renovation of this property was completed in July 2015.
Hippo Boutique Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 25
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of bars/lounges - 5
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Year Built 2004
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Pool sun loungers
- Free self parking
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Outdoor pool
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Hippo Boutique Hotel has 3 restaurants on site.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
- Body treatments
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 12 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 12 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for ZAR 295 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for ZAR 50 per night.
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 350 per vehicle (one way)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: ZAR 50 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 295 per night
- Hippo Boutique
- Hippo Boutique Cape Town
- Hippo Boutique Hotel
- Hippo Boutique Hotel Cape Town
- Hippo Hotel
- Hotel Hippo
- Hippo Boutique Hotel Cape Town, South Africa
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger are not permitted at this property. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.